Forget the other Husqvarna z254 reviews! In this Husqvarna 54-inch mower review, you’ll discover why this zero turn lawn mower is the ultimate lawn mower… Due to its capabilities, you can use it for large multiple acre lawns. Plus, it also makes a great asset for any lawn care service.
Husqvarna z254 Reviews – Features
The z254 Husqvarna zero turn mower offers a automatic choke system to provide simplified starting with no user input required under normal starting conditions.
The Husqvarna’s zero-turn radius capabilities make it a highly efficient lawnmower. After all, not every lawnmower out there is zero-turn whether they claim to be or not. What you’re left with is an inefficient mowing experience and a messy lawn. Husqvarna quashes that with their zero-turn maneuvering for the ultimate in mowing efficiency.
Cooling fan and air filtration
Much like a cooling fan on a PC’s CPU, the Husqvarna z254 features a robust fan that improves mower performance by drawing air to the bottom of the deck, allowing for better grass movement, and ensuring a better-looking job done. Meanwhile, the engine’s new air filtration system also increases airflow, prolonging your mower’s life.
26 horsepower Kohler engine engine
The 26hp Kohler engine is more or less the gold standard in lawnmower engines of this class. If you know mowers, you know Kohler is the engine behind a host of well-made lawnmowers, and this Husqvarna model is no exception.
Reinforced cutting deck
The 54-inch cutting deck is reinforced with steel, making it super durable, which allows the blades to function better and with less worry.
Two of the best new features Husqvarna has added to this new series are the rear engine guard, which adds an extra layer of durability to your mower, and the auto parking brake system, which makes for great peace of mind if your land has a lot of rolling hills. (No pun intended.)
z254 Husqvarna Review – First Impression
The first thing I noticed visually about this Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower was that it had a very sturdy look to it; by that, I mean it didn’t look like it was going to tip over easily. We do have some gentle hills in our yard—nothing steep, but at the same time, you want to be safe while mowing. The z254 offers amazing stability.
As far as operation goes, the clutch is easy to use, which reduces fatigue and annoyance. I enjoyed using the Husqvarna more than I’ve enjoyed using any other lawnmower so far. While it’s superficial compared to the efficiency and mechanics, I think it’s important to note, because comfort and operation experience are part of what makes or breaks the overall usage experience.
I haven’t noticed any problems with the cutting deck. In my experience, the fan works like a beast and easily blows away any grass buildup. I also feel confident that the better airflow will improve the longevity of this zero-turn mower. If you’re on a budget, I believe this zero turn lawn mower will last you a good while.
Husqvarna 54 inch Zero Turn 26hp: Pros
What to like about the Husqvarna 54-inch mower:
- LED lights on the bumper
- Ergonomic control panel
- 24hp engine maximizes power
- Electric clutch
- Integrated, maintenance-free transmission
- The four rollers are anti-scalp, providing a better mowing experience.
- Spring-assisted deck lift system for convenience
- Accessing the top of the cutting deck is super easy.
- Zero-turn radius
- Superior air filtration in the engine
- Giant cooling fan keeps your mower healthy and working great
Husqvarna 54 inch Zero Turn 26hp:Cons
What to consider:
- Some have experienced issues with the cutting deck, like buildup of grass and other lawn debris or having to constantly maintain it. Grass buildup is an issue that can be expected with a lot of mowers, so it kind of comes with the territory. However, if the cutting deck breaks down, it’s more likely you got a defective model, in which case it should fall under warranty. But remember that warranties have their limitations so always read the warranty as soon as you buy any product—not just this particular mower—just to ensure your warranty is valid. As long as your warranty is valid, Husqvarna will work with you on fixing the issue. And even if you’re no longer under warranty, contact customer service—they might be able to offer some helpful solutions to your issues.
- You can’t cut horizontally on a sharp slope. However, it’s important to note that most mowers aren’t designed to do that. This shouldn’t be a problem for most people, as most don’t have very sharp angles in their yards, but those who do should seek out a model that is made specifically for that sort of thing.
What Comes With Your Husqvarna z254 Zero Turn Mower
The Husqvarna 54-inch mower comes with a 12-volt battery which is necessary for operating the lawnmower. As a consumer, I love this, because it’s so frustrating having to track down the right battery.
The Husqvarna z254 comes with a limited warranty, which essentially means you have to follow the warranty guidelines to make a claim. Some things you may do may actually void the warranty, so always read warranty guidelines to ensure your warranty remains valid.
Husqvarna 54″ Zero Turn Mower: Concluding Remarks
I’m happy to recommend the Husqvarna 54 inch Zero Turn 26hp to anyone who has a fair bit of acreage to cut and needs a mower that can make the job go quicker. One of the big selling points for me was the Briggs & Stratton 24 horsepower motor; that was the motor that was in my last mower, and it was a good one. While you can still find other Husqvarna z254 reviews, just know that the that the zero-turn radius and sturdy yet easily accessible cutting deck make this a great lawnmower for homeowners who value efficiency and durability.